On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Jake Colman <col...@ppllc.com> wrote:

> That's what I'm trying to find out!  He claims that my app is force closing
> and I'm trying to figure what might cause that.

Oh, well, in that case ... a bug in the bug reporting, classic (I had one of
those).
Since it happens when the logging has been on for a while, I'd guess Out Of
Memory exception. My own logging has reported that this happens as well for
my own error reporting and I need to fix it.

> Would a force close be caught by
> a Thread.setDefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler or would that depend on what/how
> crashed?

Er, technically, no. The default handler is what causes the force close. If
you set your own default handler, you can definitely catch the exception
that would lead to the force closing.