   T> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Jake Colman <col...@ppllc.com>
   T> wrote:
   >> That's what I'm trying to find out!  He claims that my app is force
closing
   >> and I'm trying to figure what might cause that.
   >>

   T> Oh, well, in that case ... a bug in the bug reporting, classic (I
   T> had one of those).  Since it happens when the logging has been on
   T> for a while, I'd guess Out Of Memory exception. My own logging has
   T> reported that this happens as well for my own error reporting and
   T> I need to fix it.

   >> Would a force close be caught by a
   >> Thread.setDefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler or would that depend on
   >> what/how crashed?
   >>

   T> Er, technically, no. The default handler is what causes the force
   T> close. If you set your own default handler, you can definitely
   T> catch the exception that would lead to the force closing.

I would rather not install ACRA for this, at least not at this
juncture.

I'm confused, however, about Thread.setDefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler.
If I specify it then shouldn't that catch the Out of Memory exception or
whatever it is that caused the force close?  Or am I missing something?

--
Jake Colman -- Android Tinkerer