I agree with Dirk and others. After using Microsofts development
environment, Visual Studio and asp.net for me, there is no reason to
code database connections, html tables of data etc., sql update,
delete and insert commands. If you know them that is great and it is
helpful. But by having a full mature visual development environment
you can concentrate on the application and not the code, unless
necessary. I have developed a fully functional asp.net application
with 53 database driven pages with lists and forms with full insert
update and delete capabilities, full security with logins, retrieve
passwords, create new users all in 2 weeks.  No code!

Later we added business rules and error trapping but what a head
start. If needed then you dig into code but use the built in mature
tools to the fullest. I had a problem once and got answers of 150
lines of code. The solution was 1 line of code.

We do not need to reinvent the wheel on every application. Thirty
years ago we had database application software that didn't require you
to code database connections, insert, deletes and update statements,
button clicks etc. I hope we have progressed farther that that.

Eclipse is the best visual environment for Android code but far from
Microsofts Visual Studio development environment.

Ever seen app_inventor, visual environment from Google? Interesting. I
wonder if it will ever be released? It may be too visual and maybe no
as powerful, butinteresting none the less.