On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 1:16 AM, Numeron <numeronreac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wouldnt have thought it would work like a busy method if its adding
> itself to something like an event queue or whatever, but I'll take your word
> on it.

Well it is going to continually execute messages, even if it isn't needed.
 That is, if it takes you 10ms to draw a frame and the frame rate is 60Hz
(20ms between frames), you should be using 50% of the CPU.  But with your
code you will consume all of the rest of the CPU dispatching these messages
for no reason.

> Having said that Im pretty sure that your suggestion to invalidate() at the
> end of onDraw() would turn out to be busy too.

Drawing is throttled to the frame rate.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer