So coming back to my question, any advice on design for now?

The android developers blog suggests abstracting APIs like the
Contacts API. But it is not practical to go around abstracting all
system APIs. Neither would be want to put in model-specific if-else
clauses at different places in the application. How can we stand on
middle-ground here?

Bob, can you please elaborate on your method? How can a system of
rules be designed so as to capture differences in EXIF timestamps that
I mentioned?

- Vikram Bodicherla