I hear that they are going to crack down on that a little... and frankly i
can't wait to be able to depend on the values I'm given :)

I haven't actually done those checks myself, I'm relaying on what my partner
was saying.
As I understand, it looks like they made the resolution of the Atrix high
enough that it no longer fit into the buckets available and reports values
that make things match up... however that means that when your doing
something like determining font sizes etc, device independent values are
actually wrong.