well did you ever consider that I and others may not know to script it?  my
scripting skills are limited.  I know HTML and PHP and just a lil
javascript.  when it comes to apps, I design them, I don't build them.

also, scraping is stealing.  as everyone else has stated, since there is no
official way of doing this through Google, then all of the sites that show
the star ratings are basically just taking it from the market feed, etc.
 i'm not going to do that.

I understand the process/steps you laid out and I'm sure I could do it as I
have done so with userscripts/javascripts before...but...as you state in
step four, it would require me to manually update the info.  That defeats
the purpose altogether.  For it to be functional, it would have to be up to
date upon page load.  If I have to manually update it myself, then I might
as well just make it easy on myself and just make it an image graphic that I
update manually periodically.

You would think that google would have already done this a long time ago.
 Like a "Promote Your App" section where you can get a cut and paste piece
of custom code that would only read that info for only your apps, etc.
 IMHO, this is something that should have been there from the beginning.