On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Spiderfly Studios
<spiderflystud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> well did you ever consider that I and others may not know to script it?  my
> scripting skills are limited.  I know HTML and PHP and just a lil
> javascript.

More than enough. And you can always learn if you want you
currently know is not enough. Or, simple, get someone else
to do it for you (and possibly pay for it).

> also, scraping is stealing.  as everyone else has stated, since there is no
> official way of doing this through Google, then all of the sites that show
> the star ratings are basically just taking it from the market feed, etc.
>  i'm not going to do that.

I'm not saying that what those sites are doing is good and you should
do the same. I said: 'get the ratings from your own development console'.
Whether that is 100% legal, IANAL.

> I understand the process/steps you laid out and I'm sure I could do it as I
> have done so with userscripts/javascripts before...but...as you state in
> step four, it would require me to manually update the info.

Really? There are a number of ways to execute stuff automatically
in every OS.

> You would think that google would have already done this a long time ago.
>  Like a "Promote Your App" section where you can get a cut and paste piece
> of custom code that would only read that info for only your apps, etc.
>  IMHO, this is something that should have been there from the beginning.

You can direct your criticism to the Android Market team. If you can find
where they live :) BTW, the reason all those sites that show app info
popped up in the first place, was that there was no Android Market web
site until recently. So some progress is being made, but If you don't
like the promotion you are getting on the Android Market Web site,
you are free to do your own. In that case, though, why should they
provide you with promotion tools?