What max number of connections did you get? And how long did you maintain
them?

On Jun 8, 2011 9:46 AM, "polyclefsoftware" <dja...@gmail.com> wrote:

In attempting to solve this issue, I believe I have successfully extended
the official Android Bluetooth Chat example to work with a server connecting
to multiple clients.

I've uploaded my modifications to github here:

https://github.com/polyclef/BluetoothChatMulti

One device acts as the server by selecting "Menu>Make discoverable". Each
client then connects by selecting "Menu>Connect a device". I was
successfully able to connect my Motorola Droid and HTC Eris as clients to my
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1". Each message sent from a client displays only on
the server. A message sent from the server displays on all clients.

This was a tedious process getting it to work at all. Connectivity with the
HTC devices is sporadic, though. I've read elsewhere that bluetooth on HTC
is buggy, so I'm chalking it up to that.

Hopefully someone else will find this example useful. If you have any
questions, suggestions, or other feedback, please let me know.