>> I would respond telling them to contact google.

I wish it were that simple. I think we all know that this is a totally bogus
attempt by a blood sucking company to extort developers.

Lodsys filed a suit against some big boys today:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20076975-38/lodsys-files-suit-against-new-york-times-five-others/

This may bring the issue to some closure or just escalate it into a battle
that will have an end eventually. I'm hoping something happens with this
before I get the letter myself. I'd like to start using in-app purchases but
if the threat of a lawsuit is still around, I may just hold off making those
features available until this problem is resolved.

-John Coryat