On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So why even HAVE the LVL in the first place?

Because some people feel it's worth the effort and it's a convenient way for
most developers to get that functionality without rolling their own
solutions. Not using it is my choice and that it's not worth the effort is
my opinion for my app - it's up to each developer to make that determination
for him- or herself.

> And why does the Dev Guide say to use it?

I haven't looked, but Mark says that's not case - I tend to believe him.

> AND, why doesn't the code from the Dev Guide work?

IDK, never tried it.

> Or is it, as you say, that nobody uses the LVL in the first place?

I never said nobody uses it - I said *I* don't and don't plan to. I've seen
many posts here from people discussing using the library, particularly when
it was first introduced. Perhaps searching through the group will yield
helpful information.