On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:40:58PM -0400, Mark Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (and if somebody is, cough twice in a reply)

Nope, no gun to my head.  Besides, if that had been the case, the
bastard would be dead now.

> > And why does the Dev Guide say to use it?
>
> It doesn't, any more than it says to use ArrayList, the NDK, or
> Traceview. You do not have to use every platform capability in every
> app.

I see now.  Even the checklist only says "Consider adding ...."

I'd made a faulty assumption:  that licensing was the norm here.

Now, my question is this:  why didn't someone tell me this when I
first started asking questions about it?  No, don't bother to answer
that.  It's a pointless question now, anyways...I can't exactly get
the last several days back, can I?

Still, IMHO, the docs should at least present a working solution,
but that's my almost worthless (here) opinion.  :-)

Thanks for setting me straight.  Now, I can just pull out the
pre-LVL backup I made of my main activity, add the Eula check, and
move forward.

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"
spooky1...@gmail.com    | Dave Aronson:    As your life flashes before

Point Lobos Photography Set 1 (Photo-posters):  http://jdgapps.com