On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM, John Goche <johngoch...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Wel, suppose MyType is the object being edited, in this case an EditText
> widget.

No, it'd be whatever data object you've defined that your list represents.

> The adapter populates the list via getView().
> In getView() I set the TextWatcher observer which can access the
> Map<MyType, List<MyType>> no problem. The problem
> is, where do I setup the Map<MyType, List<MyType>> AKA Map<EditText,
> List<EditText>> ?

I would assume in the adapter that feeds your list.

> If I had a static list I could do this Map initialization easily, but since
> the list is dynamically populated via getView() I don't know how to do this.

Generating the views is dynamic. The actual underlying data that the views
represents probably is not. Even if it is, you'd have some method that
updates your map as you add / remove data.