Hi TreKing,

I have tried implementing the solution you suggested. I found that when I
call setText
programmatically rather than from user input the TextWatcher's
afterTextChanged() method
is also called so I had to implement a static boostan lock to prevent a
stack overflow from
all the TextWatchers. However when I get to set the text on the EditText
fields I want the
text does not appear in the listView even when the text is updated. I tried
debugging with
Log.d to see what was going on and the right rows semed to be updated with
the right
text, but after calls to setText, no visible update in the UI. What's wrong
with this code.
Am I updating some EditText widgets which are off the screen somewhere in
memory?
What's the likely cause of the problem? I've tried calling postInvalidate()
on the EditTexts
but no luck.

Thanks for your suggestions,

This solution seems not far away from working, if only this glitch could be
fixed...

John Goche