Android, along with most mobile OSes, don't excel at printing quite yet. I'm
seeing movement toward more printing functions, but I doubt we'll see an all
out print manager style functionality any time soon. I guess they might
surprise us with it in the next version, but we'll have to wait and find out
there.

That being said, do you have a support infrastructure planned with your
application? Or are you planning on it being stand-alone on the
phone/tablet?

I ask that because there are a lot of good ways to get files into certain
formats if you have a server planned. Pushing the data to the server and
asking it to format and print would produce significantly better results in
speed and ease of use.

If not, a quick and easy way to get "pretty" formatted output would be a
bitmap backed canvas. You could just toss text, lines and images all over
and save it to a JPG or PNG.  It wouldn't produce the best printing results,
but it would be a start.

Canvas: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Canvas.html
Bitmap: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/Bitmap.html
Bitmap Factory:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/graphics/BitmapFactory.html

For nicer printed output, you could also look up the PDF spec and implement
a slimmed down version of it in your code. Also, SVG may be an option as it
is something that more and more browsers are supporting. You could then use
a browser on a desktop to view and print them.

PDF: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference.html
SVG: http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/

Hope that helps.

Steven