On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Priyank <priyankvma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply..
> I understand that blocking could be a security issue. But enabling/
> disabling should not be a problem.
> For example, if the app disables the 'installing non-market apps"
> feature from my app, the user can go to settings and enable it back.
> Something like this would do..
> Coz I know that this is possible for bluetooth n wifi.. The
> application could be the device admin if needs to..
>
> Thanks,
> Priyank

It doesn't matter if you're the device admin or not, there's just
simply no way to "turn off" the camera, etc.. from all apps, it's just
not possible..

You can block it from certain apps, but only if you rip their guts out
and physically remove the permission from them.

So your app can't, at runtime, remove abilities from other apps, that
relate to hardware resources.

Even if you turn the Bluetooth off, somebody else can turn it back on,
so you're not really "blocking" it :-/

Kris