Just in case this will help anyone else - i figured out the issue. I
was snapping
a picture and then restarting the preview right away. With the slower
phones (G1)
this was ok but with newer phones that are faster this won't work. I
moved the
preview to start inside the jpegcallback and after the picture was
stored and
it works fine now.

Thanks