A little research found that my Samsung Droid Charge uses the ARM
Cortex A8. Here's the datasheet for the Freescale version of that
chip:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX50CEC.pdf

Note that the top of page 24 describes a "Stop Mode" with a maximum
power draw (at 25 degrees C) of 2.5mW. If we assume a regulator
efficiency of 85% then that implies a current drain of just under 1
mA. Of course, this all assumes that there is a way to get Android to
drop into this deep sleep mode (and wake from it). Hmm.