Hi Dianne,

thanks for your reply. The problem is that I'm using
RemoteViews.setImageViewUri(), so I don't have a bitmap object to set the
density.
The Uri I'm using is "content://..." which reaches my ContentProvider at
the method openFile(Uri,String).

I looked at the Android source code and I see that ImageView.setImageUri()
uses resolveUri(), and for the content scheme it
calls
Drawable.createFromStream(mContext.getContentResolver().openInputStream(mUri),
null);
which calls my openFile() method, which I implemented like this:
public ParcelFileDescriptor openFile(Uri uri, String mode) throws
FileNotFoundException {
    File file = new File(getContext().getFilesDir(), "MyFile.png");

    return ParcelFileDescriptor.open(file,
ParcelFileDescriptor.MODE_READ_ONLY);
}

I don't see where I can change the density to use. :(

Thanks,
Yuvi