12 апреля 2012 г. 16:32 пользователь AlexD <a.baraba...@comintech.ru>написал:

> > How about "adb install -r" over adb/WiFi? I understand it requires
> > rooting, but that's a hell of a lot easier than creating a custom
> > firmware build.
>
> Thank you very much! We'll try this. In another words there two ways:
> 1. Get root permissions. And than "adb install -r".

"adb install" by itself does not require root, it just requires that
debugging support be enabled in the device's settings.

This is the same setting you need to turn on before you can use Android
development tools (including Eclipse), and "adb" is one of those.

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html

This works over a USB cable connection. If that's acceptable, and you can
e.g. have a technician walk around with a laptop connecting to devices with
a USB cable and performing updates, well, then you're set.

But, If I remember right, your devices are not easily accessible (mounted
high on a wall?) and that's why I brought up adb/WiFi.

Running adb over WiFi instead of USB requires that the device be rooted.

Other than that, it's the same adb included in the Android SDK, and you'd
perform upgrades the same way ("adb install -r <packagefile>").

Heck, you'd even be able to do remote debugging on the actual devices.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=623828&page=3

Xda-developers is a great resource for this type of thing I'd suggest you
post your questions there.

2. Ask vendor create firmware that will grant additional permissions
> to our app.

Yes, if you can arrange for this firmware to grant your "supervisor"
application this permission:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/Manifest.permission.html#INSTALL_PACKAGES

.. you should be able to install .apks without human involvement. I'd
suggest you do your own research about this, though, since my knowledge
about this is almost non-existent.

-- K