Are you developing this device or using an existing device?

You should look at the EthernetStateTracker class.  You need to modify the
networkattributes config.xml property to instantiate type 9 and add type 9
to the radioattributes config entry.  You'll need to add an ethernet dhcp
agent to init.rc.  You'll need to add a usb-ethernet driver to your kernel
image.

These things I think are available in the TOT of AOSP, but may not be
available on older devices.

It may be simpler to have an internet-visible gateway into your intranet
app, then you could access it worldwide and wouldn't need to do this
busywork of usb-ethernet.  Alternatively add a wifi access point to your
lan and connect your tablet that way.  Wires are passe.