On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Latimerius <l4t1m3r...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Fair enough - thanks anyway.  I'll try to verify my results in the
> meantime.

I have a fairly minimal test setup with pkgB which is just a file in
assets/ and pkgA which has just enough code get pkgB's Context on
startup, listen to broadcasts and try to read pkgB's asset file on
demand.

It does seem to work the way I mentioned before.  If pkgA is running
at the moment pkgB gets uninstalled it can access pkgB's assets file
long after pkgB has been uninstalled, its icon removed from the
launcher etc.

If anyone's interested please let me know, I can send you the test
(it's Ant-based).