On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Jim Anderson <jbheml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My application (Ghost SEED) makes heavy use of Linkify for an in-app help
> system. I use a fairly standard setup: I linkify text on an activity
> displaying help, with the links firing an intent that I filter in the same
> help activity. In older versions of Android (2.1, 2.2, etc) this works fine.
> On my HTC One S, which runs 4.0.3, it doesn't work. Linkify does correctly
> create links, but my activity never gets called with the intent. Does anyone
> have an idea what might have changed here?

Welcome to the after-effects of litigation:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/16/3024889/htc-one-x-evo-4g-lte-custom-android-build-apple-patent-linkify

I presume that they just neutered Linkify to ensure compliance across the board.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in DC: http://marakana.com/training/android/