On Jun 17, 1:34 pm, Jason Meyer <jasonmeyer...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> after doing a bit of research I've gotten very curious:
> Where are the permissions stored which were granted to apps installed
> in /system/app?
>
> I checked out my phone's packages.xml file (located in /data/system/
> packages.xml). "User apps" stored in /data/app/ have <perms>, but none
> of the APK files stored in /system/app has a <perms> block.

I haven't checked exhaustively, but it would appear that they are
using the sharedUserID mechanism (even if only one app package is
doing the sharing).

The pemissions for shared user ID's are listed in their own sections,
probably found towards the end of packages.xml

Non-system apps which use a sharedUserID seem to also get their
permissions relocated to the shared UserID section of packages.xml
with none listed under the package itself - which is logical, since
the permissions then go with the userid rather than the individual app
package.

Permissions defined by system apps (for use by other apps) seem to be
in individual files under /etc/permissions