2012/7/17 billb <b...@briskynet.com>

> The findPreference method is deprecated.

Yes, but the old Preference mechamism still works, at least in 4.1.

You actually don't need to use findPreference --

Rather, create a Preference subclass, override onClick, and launch the main
activity with an intent that includes Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP

( or call the preference activity's finish, if your stack only has the main
activity and the preference activity at this time ).

-- K