On Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:02:06 AM UTC-7, Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 6:05 AM, matteo sisti sette wrote:
> > So, now a very simple question.
> >
> > How do I, the user, the owner of my phone and a human being, see the
> logs
> > and e.g. email them to myself for inspection, without rooting the device
> > and/or connecting it to a computer and/or running complicated
> command-line
> > stuff? I mean how do I do this in Jelly Bean?
>
> POWER + VOLUME-UP + VOLUME-DOWN, simultaneously pressed, should slowly
> generate a report that you can mail to wherever you want.

If a leaf falls to the ground in a forest and no one hears it, does it make
a sound?

In other words, if your ADK app controls, say, an expensive aquarium with
fish and corals in it (which can easily run into five figures), and you get
back home after a week's vacation to find that a few days ago your app ran
amok and boiled everything and your fish is dead, how is my cool ADK
contraption better than a terminally dim PIC hack?

- How do I make the bug report span across an arbitrary length of time?
- How do I trigger a bug report generation, say, on a regular basis, or
from inside an application?

Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

--vt