Thanks Nikolay

the Google Play services seems half implemented to me :-(

I'm already asking for the Google Play permission, I don't really want to
also be asking for AccountManager access just to find out some kind of
identity for the person that has purchased the item. I don't even need a
global identity, I just need an identity unique to my app.

re: OAuth2 on Android - isn't that already available?
http://code.google.com/p/google-api-java-client/wiki/OAuth2#Android

William