There is a custom device that I am working with that has been approved to
communicate with Apple mobile devices.  It will be my responsibility on my
end to also communicate with that device over bluetooth with Android
applications.  In pre-limenary testing, the devices around me here will
pair with the device, but will not connect with the device.  I haven't done
bluetooth development before, so I will have to research a bit into the
complications involved in pairing and connecting with a device from within
an Android library in the next few days.

But I was curious if anyone had knowledge of whether or not the chip
modifications that were needed in the Apple device were going to cause
issues in connecting with my Android devices.  If anyone has that knowledge
available to them, I would be glad to hear feedback on it.  Just cause it
hasn't connected thus far, doesn't mean that I wouldn't be able to connect
with it from the code still, so that test will be for tomorrow.