While it is a bit confusing as to what complications would arise from
devices meant to connect with an Apple device from an Android device, I
have communicated with proprietary devices from HID devices over the USB
port once a driver had been introduced to handle the communication.  So I'm
not sure why there would be much of a difference with the Bluetooth
protocol, as long as both parties can still handshake and open up the ports
between one another.

Tough to pinpoint an exact place to request support, since it's touching
base on both platforms, and I'm not really interested in how it works on
iOS, other than the potential modifications introduced on their end that
would affect me.