I'm having a problem where an EditText in landscape/full screen mode
becomes empty after turning the screen off and then on when the system
Screen lock is set to 'None'.  The keyboard remains active, but it doesn't
appear to have focus and no text updates are displayed on the screen.  If I
press 'Done' or rotate to portrait, then the full screen editor is removed
and I can see the previously entered text in the normal EditText view.  I'm
reproducing this on JB on both the emulator and a device.

I found the same problem in Calendar, but not in Messaging.  When editing
an SMS message in landscape/full screen mode and then turning the screen
off/on, at first the message appears to be empty, but then it returns after
a second.  I reviewed the source code below, but I didn't see anything
special in onResume() that looked to be addressing this issue.

https://github.com/android/platform_packages_apps_mms/blob/master/src/com/android/mms/ui/ComposeMessageActivity.java

Does anyone know how to properly fix this, so that when Screen lock is
'None' you can edit text in landscape/full screen mode, turn the screen off
and then back on, and the text is displayed just as you left it?

Thanks,
pb
----
Open Source Android App