I'll ignore the unqualified claim that the slowness of Android is due to
Java.

It sounds like your complaint is that you can't develop native apps in your
preferred language and that you're using an outdated claim about Java to
support your desire to change the current language of choice for Android
development.

The XML based components can all be done via code.  Do you have an example
of how they are "far from flexible"?  There are many limitations, but you
are welcome to write your own custom Views to get around any limitations.
 I have many of my own complaints about some of the UI system, but I have
no reason to believe the current state of things would be faster or more
flexible if it were in another language.  That's not the thing limiting
flexibility or causing speed issues, that's more about the implementations.
 I've created and seen many fast and fluid and complex UIs on Android, but
you sometimes have to do some real work to get them and they don't always
drop right out of the API in your lap :)  A better argument would be to
single out issues with the UI libraries and talk about how to improve them.
 This has little-to-nothing to do with implementation language.

On Saturday, May 10, 2014 10:50:44 AM UTC-7, 李白,字一日 wrote:

> Java-based Android is very slow and memory consuming.
> and the XML based UI components are far from flexible.
>
> if Android sdk provides an html5  + javascript alternative, it would
> greatly improve the android  app possibilities.
>
> as we have seen more and more popular apps are written by html, css and
> javascript.
>
> i think it is a good time to provide a javascript based SDK,
>
> with a standardized Android UI framework like Twitter's bootstrap, every
> web developer can develope his app with ease.
>
> the webkit and v8 are every mature to google.
>
> why should we stille using java? which is slow and  memory consuming?

---
"Android Developers" group.