Well, still not working. I've built a brand new Intel-based desktop PC.
Installed Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and Android Studio 2.1.1 (along
with various other software needed, like Java 8, etc.).

I have the Samsung OEM USB drivers installed and also installed the USB
driver that comes with Android Studio.

When I connect my device, I still don't get the prompt on the device to
allow debugging. I've turned on the developer options, enabled USB
debugging, revoked USB debugging auth, run adb kill-server and then adb
start-server. When I run adb devices, it shows my device as unauthorized.

Note that I have three Android devices: Samsung Galaxy S6 64gb, Sansung
Galaxy Note 5 and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I get the same
result from all three.

Is Android Studio (or, I guess the SDK used by it) just broken? I've been
trying suggestions for quite a while now and can't find the key to making
this work.

Note that if I connect my device via USB and copy the APK file to the phone
and install it manually, it works. I just can't connect to it using adb.

If there is someplace else where I can post my question to get help, please
let me know - I just don't know where to go with this.

Thanks,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/1d1baf5d-4cd8-4f25-8dc9-6d40ccbc982b%40googlegroups.com.