when i have listview and i use some listadapter provided by android
api then when you touch item in list it flashes with orange colour and
then action is processed

if i have my own adapter this flash doesn't happen. instead text color
changes to black for a moment (and becomes unreadable)  is there
something special i need to do to enable it?

my adapter is actually based on cursoradapter and all it does is that
it adds onClick handlers to some of controls used in list item layout
and sets values of some widgets which are not handled by
simplecursoradapter by default