Dianne,

Ralf said; "You're jumping to conclusions here, and I'd like to be quite
interested in seeing the source of your quote as I guess that's your
interpretation, not an actual quote." and hence I supplied the quote
references as he asked.

I make it clear that the SDKs available from AndAppStore are built from the
cupcake branch open source tree and provide the date for the build (which,
as on most days there are no checkins, can be tracked to specific revision).
I also use the publicly available instructions, and I added text to show
that the branch is a work in progress and may not reflect what's shipped on
devices.

This brings me to the question of who deems what's "official". JBQ indicated
it would be done on a discussion list, which would fit in with many open
source projects I've worked on where pre-release versions are circulated and
then developers say "Yay" or "Nay" to whether it's good enough to call a
production release, but this didn't happen with 1.0 or 1.1 as far as I'm
aware, so if it really is going to be the community who decide what's bug
free enough to go gold when are we going to start seeing release candidates?

My personal suspicion is that Google feel only they have a say in what's
gets labelled as official and the community will get little or no
involvement, which completely misses the point of community based
development and all the benefits of having an army of potential testers
brings.

Al.

---

* Written an Android App? - List it at http://andappstore.com/
<http://andappstore.com/>  *

======
company number  6741909. The registered head office is Kemp House,
152-160 City Road, London,  EC1V 2NX, UK.

subsidiaries.