The JDK is clearly not the problem here, I don't know what he's talking
about as there are several causes that can trigger a VerifyError but in this
discussion we deal with the latest ADT Eclipse plugin release.
The problem here is that the ADT plugin tries to upload the referenced
android projects in build path as separate APKs instead of mixing the code
like in previous SDK releases.
Even if several APKs are uploaded, there is no link between them on the
device and so the VerifyError occurs when launching the main one.
The only solution proposed so far is to use J2SE projects instead, using the
android.jar in their build path (see one of my previous mail on the
subject).

PS: Eclipse does not require a JDK, just a JRE, it has its own Java
compiler, which compliancy level can be set based on what JRE you use.