Mark, same setup as you've got.  I went so far as to download the
latest windows Version: 3.4.1Build id: M20080911-1700 of eclipse
yesterday, then did the latest android plugin .9 in my ganymede 1.5
sdk.

FYI, today I'm getting website cannot be found errors for CNN and
other test sites.  This seems like either firewall or something
obviously internet related missing in the project declarations.  i am
just so tired of digging and digging.  why can't someone on all these
android help sites just post a (working) 1.5 project in zip format?
Stop with the millions of "chunks" of code and just put the stupid
25kb zip files already :)