Nah, it's nothing like that.  I have already wiped the project totally
completely clean.  I deleted the entire project from Eclipse, deleted
all 'dot' files from the source directory, deleted all code files that
weren't of my own creation (R.java for example), basically wiped the
entire source tree of anything even remotely associated with Eclipse
or Android.

I then went to Eclipse and created a new android project "from
source", converted the project to Android, and still get the dalvik
conversion error 2.  I mean, I really nuked the hell out of it.  I
*HAVE* to get this darn dalvik converter to give me some kind of
indication of where the error is.  Simply dumping "error 2" is not
good enough.

Thanks anyway, it was a good suggestion.