In that project I used bluez's RFCOMM profile through a toplevel java
library called BlueCove (which runs on macosx, windows an linux
selecting the bluetooth stack of the OS dinamically) maybe BlueCove does
run on Android (it uses bluez), but if you need a dev or rooted
phone.... not so interesting :P