B.t.w:
Dianne Hackborn already gave some usefull comments in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/9ab3c62274aff2a1/e79c251bdf60ed97?lnk=gst&q=application+size#e79c251bdf60ed97

However i need more info. Is this going to be implemented in the
future or not? If so.. when?
I would also like to know the googles opinion about this issue.

For people that want to implemented the download-after-install
solution, look here for code examples:
http://code.google.com/p/apps-for-android/source/browse/#svn/trunk/Samples/Downloader/src