Thank you Mark for taking the time. Yes, my ASCII "art" does not fit
well with the browser non-fixed-space font.

 - Just to let you know that setting
android:layout_centerVertical="true" on the 3 widget does not solve
the problem (I forgot to mention that I had already tried...)
 - I cannot use a horizontal LinearLayout, because I forgot to mention
that the widget labelled 3 (the one of the middle), may be larger than
the screen width, and I want to make sure that the widget labelled 2
(the one on the right) is still visible and than widget 2 is limited
in width by the 2 other widgets. Or maybe, I missed something with
LinearLayouts...
 - Here is an image paste bin of what I'm intending to do:
http://imagebin.ca/view/WAe_koO.html

I really hope that someone will unblock me. Thank you for your time
and support.
Regards,
Édouard