Thank you Guy for giving some hint.

 - Would you confirm that what I intend to perform is impossible with
the built-in layouts?
 - If yes, what is the exact mean of the RelativeLayout parameter
'android:layout_centerVertical="true"'?
 - If only possible through the building of a custom "ViewGroup"
derived class, to your mind, how much time do you think a regular
Android developer like me needs to devote to that piece of work, I
mean understanding the Android layout policy?

Thank you for giving some hope. I still cannot believe that I intend
to perform is not possible with the built-in layouts. I'm going to end
in digging into the code, like in the RelativeLayout::positionChild()
method, but this does not sound like a funny party :(

Still waiting for some rescue from helpful and expert developers...
Regards,
Édouard