Hi,

>  - Would you confirm that what I intend to perform is impossible with
> the built-in layouts?

What are you trying to do?

>  - If yes, what is the exact mean of the RelativeLayout parameter
> 'android:layout_centerVertical="true"'?

It centers the child vertically within the bounds of the
RelativeLayout. That implies that the RelativeLayout has known bounds,
which might be your issue.

>  - If only possible through the building of a custom "ViewGroup"
> derived class, to your mind, how much time do you think a regular
> Android developer like me needs to devote to that piece of work, I
> mean understanding the Android layout policy?

It's rather simple, especially if you look at the various samples.

P.S: My name is Romain :)

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on