Good point about the Market in other countries. However, I was not
only referring to cell phones, but all platforms and software in
general.

My wild guess that Android software is less pirated is simply because
of the installed base. Since there are so many more users of other
platforms and devices, Android pirate sites are less appealing and
less likely to pop up. (As opposed to iPhone, for example.) This makes
tracking of piracy a bit easier, and perhaps enforcement as well.