I am having the same problem with a CheckBox in the ListView.  I've
spent so much time trying to find some examples of this working under
1.5, and can't find anything.  The main thing I'm trying to accomplish
is to detect long presses on items in a list that contains
checkboxes.  Even if I don't have the listener working, I don't even
see the yellow flash you would get when you press a row in the list.

I have one CheckBox and two TextViews. I've tried wrapping the
TextViews with a LinearLayout and setting the android:clickable,
android:focusable, and
android:focusableInTouchMode to true, but that doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have a current examaple they can share?