On Aug 23, 10:07 am, Streets Of Boston <flyingdutc...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> In general, it's no good catching Errors. But I'm using this
> particular error to see if i have enough memory for creating a full-
> sized bitmap (no other way of doing this). If not, i catch the
> outofmemoryerror and will use a smaller sized bitmap.

This seems like it could get you into trouble.  For example, if you
have 2049KB free, and you successfully allocate a 2048KB bitmap, just
about everything you try from there forward is going to fail with
OOM.  The problem is the large bitmap, but the large bitmap allocation
doesn't cause the failure.