>And what about dev tools, code upgrade from gen1, etc.?

It sure would be nice if we could create Android 2.0 AVDs to test
against in the emulator at least.

I just took a quick look at the Motorola dev site. It had some
impressive options for testing on their other phones: a loaner
program, a way to test on real phones by a remote connection, and an
add on for the Android SDK.

It looked like the first two didn't even allow the CLIQ, though, their
first Android phone. The last wouldn't work with OpenGL when I tried.
Even the basic OpenGL API demos wouldn't work. No sign of anything at
all for DROID or Android 2.0 in general.