Mark Wyszomierski wrote:
> Is there any style I can set which will make a set of buttons the same
> width (without specifying an explicit size in pixels)? For example:
>
>  <Layout>
>   <Button>
>   <EditText>
>   <Button>
>  </Layout>
>
> is there a way to make the two buttons the same width, even though
> they may have different text? Right now I'm measuring the larger one
> via a measure call and setting the other one to that explicit width,

LinearLayout
        Button with weight=1 and width=0px
        EditText
        Button with weight=1 and width=0px

With this, though, you have to be comfortable that there will be
sufficient space to hold everything. For example, QVGA has only 240px
horizontally, so you need short captions to the buttons.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Training: http://commonsware.com/training