I'm sure this comes up once a while

For me, this is one developer buying one phone. Not someone who can
afford a fleet of them.

Google Market offers two dev phones. They have a few specs but I don't
know if it tells the whole picture. What retail phones are these ones
most like?

Dev Phone 1: Keyboard. No Wifi.
Dev Phone 2: No Keyboard. Seems more advanced otherwise than Dev Phone
1.

Would you recommend one of these - or neither because you think they
will never run 2.0? In that case I would be stuck with trying to
unlock a locked phone. I don't know how successful I'd be at that - I
never even managed to unlock a Nokia phone from AT&T after the
contract was up.

The things I would hope to test out that I can't do with an emulator
(at least don't know how):
GPS
Sensors.
Gestures.

The dev phones don't seem to mention what sensors they have.

Possibly useful (not sure):
Some 3D Capability

I'm thinking the keyboard is helpful because I can always test with
and without it.