This does come up quite often. I ask myself "If I could have just one of our
phones, which would I choose?"

The answer is a tough one. If I wanted to develop apps that would run well
on all (or nearly all) Android devices, I would pick a Dream dev phone
because it's the first, and later phones are mostly equal or great in
capacity (except, of course, HTC's new QVGA device).

On the other hand, if I wanted a phone to last for a year or two, I'd pick
the Droid because it has the larger screen (854x480), a proximity sensor,
and already has Android 2.0.

Consequently, all HTC phones can be purchased directly from their site, and
Motorola is now selling the Droid and Cliq directly from their website as
well.

In the end I think I'd pick the Droid, but my decision is [admittedly] based
on the assumption that it's harder to test on a platform I don't have
(screen size, processor, sensors, 2.0) than to test on something more
limited than what I have (which I might achieve in the simulator).

Good luck!

Scott
SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Maps.Huge.Info (Maps API Guru) <
cor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has the usual, compass, GPS, accelerometer, camera. Check out the
> specs on the developer page. Also has a good support forum:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/io-device
>
> No mention of the 1 year warranty that I saw, hopefully it still has
> that.
>
> -John Coryat

Warm regards,
The PhoneMyPC Team