Unless I missed it above, no one has published a method to check
whether an app was downloaded and not refunded by Google Checkout.
Without this check, none of the above code will be of any value.

Google please provide us with something we can use - devs work hard to
improve the platform. Pirates only purpose is to get something for
free with no regard to the work that went into it. They are making
small startup Android businesses non-viable and hence quality products
will diminish.

Remember a pirate's motto is 'if you enjoyed using the app, please
consider buying the full version to support the dev'. Yeah right!!